I’m starting a blog. What do I write about? I’m at a loss for words. I love to write, but not about WordPress Plugins. I tried to make it funny. It’s a dry topic and came out dustier than under my bed. My bed is a converted waterbed with no access underneath. I hear the giggling of evil dust bunnies sometimes.
The experts suggest that you start writing a blog to offer tips and helpful advice for potential and current clients. That’s great, but what if you just started this journey? What if there is so much yet to learn and you just dipped your toesies in the water? That water looks scary and full of sharks.
Let’s add the pressure of SEO-rich content so Google will find it. Let’s add the time it takes to scritch the brain with the backscratcher for topics of interest and value. I was on the verge of a meltdown with a dollop of temper tantrums tossed in.
Two Easy Peasy Steps
- I will start writing a blog post once a month. The thought of a weekly blog post makes my skin crawl like a thousand ants are partying on it.
- Future topics will cover what I’m learning as I move on the virtual assistant path. One would hope I’m learning something new that’s helpful or insightful.
July Taught Me:
- To heed the advice of experts but do so in a way that works coherently in your world.
- There are no hard and fast rules to blogging time frames. If monthly gets rid of partying ants on your skin, then do the damn blog monthly.
- The important part is starting to write the blog.
Coherence matters. It’s not talked about as much as it ought to be. That just might be a topic to cover in August.
Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit! I started to blog.
Are you in the beginning stages of a new gig/job/career? I’d love to hear what you’re learning! Please leave a comment, and let’s discuss.